SUMMER HILL CLUB, INC.
P.O. Box 13, Phoenix, MD 21131-0013
pool phone: (410) 683-2266
- WEBSITE: www.summerhillpool.com (Calendar of Events, Text blast posts, Policies & Procedures, etc)
- EMAIL BLASTS: If you do not receive the Summer Hill Update blasts, please email to request to be added to the distribution list.
- FACEBOOK: Like us on Facebook Summer Hill Swim Club
- TEXT BLASTS: Want Summer Hill updates on your cell, including pool closings, special event reminders, etc? Text the code @summerhil (yep, that’s one “L”) to 81010. If you have trouble texting to that number, you can also text to (410) 881-0254.
- Communicate with On-Site Managers: Garet Rew, Peter Smith, or Grayson White
- On-Site Managers will address issue. If the issue cannot be resolved, the On-Site Manager will contact their management at Chesapeake Pools if it’s an employee issue. Other issues will be forwarded to the Board of Directors.
- Formal complaints should be made in writing and can be sent to
2018 Rules and Regulations
- Each member family is required to submit an annual on-line renewal application and pay an annual membership fee. This process will now be managed through Wild Apricot.
- A member family is defined as all persons of the same immediate family, including all persons financially dependent on the holder of the membership under the age of 21 and persons permanently residing in the same household unit. All others must be accompanied by a member and pay the daily guest fee when visiting the pool.
- New member interest should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event there is a waitlist, a non-refundable $50.00 application processing fee is required. When a spot is available, an invitation to join the Club will be sent by the Board of Directors. If an individual does not elect to join the Club when a membership spot becomes available, their name will be removed from the waitlist. They may elect to re-apply by submitting a new application and fee. New members must pay a one time non-refundable initiation fee ($550) plus the annual membership fee within 10 days of receiving an invitation to join the Club. Families on the waitlist living in the Summer Hill Community will be given preference. All new members are required to submit a current digital family photo including each person listed on the membership application. Your application will not be considered complete until this photo is received.
- Families who formerly belonged to the pool as members in good standing and completely satisfied their initiation fee will not be required to pay an additional fee to reactivate membership. The annual membership fee and proof of former payment of the initiation fee will be required prior to re-admittance to the facilities as a member. Re-admittance can only be satisfied as space becomes available.
- Full-time babysitters, who are at least 13 years old, and are not pool members, will be allowed admittance to the pool facilities as a babysitter for a pool member at no additional charge as long as they are registered with your membership. A full time babysitter is a person who sits for a member family on a weekly basis. Babysitters must come with or bring a member of the family with whom they are registered, and are not permitted to use the Club without members of the family present.
Only one babysitter is permitted per member family. Any verification submitted after the pool opening will require a processing time of up to 10 days before the babysitter may be admitted without additional charge. Babysitters who do not qualify under the above guidelines will be required to pay guest fees.
- Membership dues are non-refundable. If a member voluntarily chooses to cancel their membership and seeks a refund due to “special circumstances” (which prevents the member family from using the pool during the pool season), these situations may be reviewed on a case by case basis. Determination for such a pro-rated refund is at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors. No appeal rights are granted.
- Summer Hill Club, Inc. reserves the right to cancel membership for rule infarction at the discretion of the Board of Directors at any time with no refund. Summer Hill Club, Inc. is not responsible for refunds to members or damages of any kind for any reason arising from late openings or early closings under any circumstances including, but not limited to, acts of God, mechanical failures, construction delays or inclement weather.
- Members and their guests agree to be responsible for the cost of all medical expenses incurred for injuries sustained while using the facilities of Summer Hill Club and members assume the sole responsibility of any first aid treatment sought and received from the Club including, but not limited to allergic reaction to first aid remedies rendered. We request you bring your medicine or allergic reaction kits with you to the Club for Bee stings, etc.
- The club will open on the Saturday before Memorial Day and be open through Labor Day, weather permitting.
- The pool hours will be Sunday 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Mon- Thurs 11:00 AM – 8:00 pm and Friday 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM and Saturday 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM. There will be some variations in the hours for Saturday Swim Meets and when school is in session. This will be outlined on the website. www.summerhillpool.com
- The pool will be cleared 10 minutes prior to closing every day. The rest rooms will be locked at closing. Everyone must vacate the pool area at closing.
- Text blasts will be sent in an event the pool unexpectedly closes. Please sign up for the text blasts. Text the code @summerhil (yes, that’s one ‘l” to 81010. If you have trouble texting to that number, you can also text to 410-881-0254.
- Front gate staff will verify your application and your family photo with the on-line system. In the event the WiFi is down, there will be a Membership List to be verified.
- All members and approved babysitters must sign in on the sheet and register and pay for any guests at the front gate.
***No member will be permitted to use the pool without a picture on file***
- The entrance fee for guests (children or adults) of members shall be $5.00 per person. Fees shall be paid to the gate lifeguard during the sign-in process. It is the member’s obligation to assure that guest fees are promptly paid upon arrival. If you have purchased a guest pass booklet, they will be maintained at the front gate for easy access.
- A member family is limited to 2 families per day as guests of the member.
- A guest may not attend the facility more than two days per calendar month regardless of the number of members who may invite the guest. An exception to this rule will be granted for guests living outside of a 15-mile radius of the Club.
- Guests must be accompanied at all times by the club member who registered them at the gate.
- Guests are bound by the same rules as Members and violations of such rules by guests may lead to suspension or expulsion of that guest from the Club.
- Members will be held responsible for the conduct and actions of their guests.
- Members who violate the above listed “Guest Privileges” rules may face suspension from the club.
- To gain admittance, each member must sign-in. Adult members are required to familiarize their children and guests with all Rules and Regulations of the pool.
- Use of the pool or entering the Club area outside the hours specified is strictly forbidden. Lifeguards must be present before anyone enters the pool and play areas. Violators will be prosecuted.
- Adults are responsible for the safety of their children in all areas of the main pool and baby pool. In no case will a child under the age of 13 be admitted without a parent, or babysitter on record who is at least 13 years of age.
- All children under the age of 13 will be required to pass the swim test in order to swim in the diving area of the pool. The lifeguards will maintain an active list of those members and guests that have passed the swim test.
- Parent/Guardian must closely watch children at all times. Parent/Guardian must accompany a non-swimmer in the water at all times. No lifeguards will be on duty in the baby pool. The on-site Manager and front gate staff are responsible for monitoring the baby pool usage by other aged children.
- Children should not trespass on neighboring properties going to and from pool. Parents are responsible for enforcement of this rule.
- All bicycling, skateboarding, rollerblading, ball playing or any other sport games or recreational activities are prohibited in the parking lot and driveway. Recreational activities provided by the pool will only be allowed in designated areas. Cornhole, volleyball and other sports equipment can be checked out with Pool Staff at the Guard Office. Adults are responsible for ensuring the equipment is returned to the Guard Office and checked back in or the family will be responsible for replacing the missing items.
- No animals will be permitted in the pool area.
- Tables and lounge chairs may not be reserved in advance. Preference for chairs will be given to adults.
- In the event of a power outage, restrooms may not be used, and the pool will be cleared. If the power outage continues for more than one hour the pool will be closed until power resumes. Text blasts will be sent out to membership in the case of this event.
- For the purpose of supporting non-swimmers, inner tubes, water wings, and all other flotation devices are not permitted at any time. For safety purposes, only a United States Coast Guard approved life vest and approved by the on-site pool manager may be used. If a child uses such a life vest, a parent or guardian must accompany the child in the water at all times. No life vests are permitted while using the slide.
- Alcohol may be consumed on Club property after 4:00PM on weekdays and after 2:00PM on weekends and holidays subject to the following guidelines: no glass or glass containers; no minors (under 21 years of age) are permitted to consume or possess alcoholic beverages at any time; all alcoholic beverages must be placed into a plastic cup and may not be consumed directly from the container; all empty containers should be disposed of properly in a trash receptacle or removed from the property. Members assume responsibility for the conduct of their guests. Any member in violation of this policy may face immediate suspension or termination of Club privileges.
Note: As a family pool with a large number of teens and young children present, it is essential that all members and their guests act appropriately while consuming alcoholic beverages and adhere to the guidelines that have been established. We all must remember that we need to get a positive example for our children as well as the children of others. Any inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
- The Board of Directors, Officers, and Summer Hill Club, Inc. are not responsible for the loss of valuables or damage to automobiles on the premises.
- Violations of rules and regulations and instructions of pool management staff may cause suspension or expulsion from the premises. The Club Manager, or his representatives, has final authority to enforce these rules and eject violators.
- Misrepresentation of membership is cause for expulsion or forfeiture of membership from the Club.
- The Board of Directors and/or Club Managers have the right to refuse admittance of any member or guest for just cause.
- As a courtesy to fellow members, smoking is not permitted within the enclosed areas of the pool grounds.
- Children of any age who are not potty trained are not permitted in the main pool.
- No food or drinks will be allowed on the concrete edges of the main and baby pools.
- No glass containers are permitted on club property.
- No squirting toys of any type will be permitted.
- Showers are available and members are encouraged to shower prior to entering the pool.
- No person with a rash or skin abrasion evident on his/her body shall be permitted to use the pool facilities without a doctor’s certificate.
- Use of profane language, spitting, or nose blowing within the pool area is prohibited.
- There shall be no dunking or roughhousing in the pool.
- No air mattresses or large tubes are permitted in the pool.
- Only Flotation devices that are US Coast Guard approved and approved by the on-site Pool Manager are allowed only on children who cannot swim. No flotation devices are permitted to be used on the slide.
- Masks are not permitted on non-swimmers.
- Only diapers covered by rubber pants or swim diapers may be used in the baby pool.
- Children who have passed the deep end test are permitted to use noodles in the main pool.
- All children 13 and younger must pass the deep end swim test before they are permitted to swim in the diving well. The Lifeguard Staff will maintain a list of members and guests that have passed a swim test. A bracelet will be provided after the child passes test the first time. This should be worn until staff become familiar with the members. Non-swimmers are not permitted in the deep/diving well end. Swimmers are not allowed in the baby pool.
- Children play at their own risk in this area—the lifeguards do NOT supervise the playground.
- An adult must supervise children at all times while on the playground.
- No throwing of sand, jumping off equipment or roughhousing is permitted.
- All members are required to rinse sand off themselves before re-entering the pool area using the foot shower station. Please assure the water is turned off after each use as the pool is on a well and if the water is left on, there is a risk of no water supply to the bathrooms and snack bar.
- Parties at Summer Hill Club are reserved for children’s birthday parties or similar celebrations only.(i.e. sports teams or scouting parties) We are not a facility set up to handle other large family or business celebrations.
- Reservations must be made for all parties in advance of the date. They must be approved and registered by the Club. A copy of the application can be found on our website at www.summerhillpool.com. The application request is required even if the party guests are all members of the Club. Registration must include the names of each invited party guest.
- There is a $50.00 reservation / party fee payable to Summer Hill Club, Inc. at the time of registration. Requests to hold a date may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. The fee must be received within 7 days of your e-mail reservation request to avoid losing the date.
- An e-mail confirmation will be sent that your party date is available and the request has been approved. Registration is accepted on a first-come first-serve basis. The calendar on the pool website will be updated with the deck reservation.
- Ten (10) guests may be invited and are included as part of the party fee. Additional guests may be added at $5.00 per person up to a total of 15 party guests. Please add this to your cost if applicable. One adult chaperon may be included per minor child invited with each party at no additional charge.
- All parties must be held on the upper deck.
- Only one party is permitted at a time.
- Reservation of the upper deck is limited to 3 hours. Multiple parties on the same day will be scheduled 30 minutes apart to allow time for the birthday family to clean and straighten up the deck area.
- The registered party guests must sign-in with the gate guard upon arrival.
- Parties may be held only during pool hours. The start time no earlier than 30 minutes after the pool opens and finished at least 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Members are responsible for set-up and clean up after the party.
- All swimming lessons will be arranged through the Pool Manager, lifeguard staff and swim team coaches.
- These lessons can be private or semi-private.
- The length of time of each lesson is no less than 30 minutes and the fee charged agreed upon by both the Instructor and Member.
- All fees are payable directly to the Instructor.
- Lessons will not be held if the pool is closed for any reason prohibiting swimmers from entering the water.